Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract is made from premium, hand-selected beans cultivated on the Bourbon Island of Madagascar and features only organic and Fairtrade ingredients. Our proprietary cold extraction process gently draws out and preserves the vanilla’s more than 250 flavor compounds, resulting in a flavor profile that’s full, sweet, creamy and mellow with velvety after-tones. It’s the perfect all-purpose vanilla for flavor and consistency in both hot and cold applications.
Fairtrade-certified vanilla indicates that it was grown by small-scale farmers in developing countries who receive a fair price and use sustainable farming practices. Fairtrade processes help foster sustainable vanilla-producing communities and protect the environment. Fairtrade certified vanilla is grown in the shade and integrated with other crops, helping to protect against erosion and deforestation.
Water, Organic Alcohol (35%), Organic Fairtrade Vanilla Bean Extractives
- Sweet ideas: cakes, cookies, ice cream, puddings, pastries, French toast, scones
- Savory ideas: seafood, sauces, soups, marinades
- Beverage ideas: hot chocolate, iced tea
- Other ideas: refrigerator/freezer deodorizer (cotton ball soaked in vanilla)
- Chef’s notes: A dash or two of vanilla is a fat and sodium-free way to add a bit of extra flavor to any dish.